Founded by George E. Spaulding in 1966, the company has roots in the California aggregate industry dating to the late 1930's. Starting as a young construction foreman,
George went on to run the operations for Graham Bros. (now Martin Marietta by the way of Lehigh Hanson/Hanson Aggregates). In 1960, George decided to open a sand & gravel pit just outside of San Juan Capistrano, CA.
The plant helped build Orange County's core infrastructure and was eventually purchased by ConRock (now Vulcan Materials by way of CalMat).
In 1966, Spaulding Equipment Co. started "operations" on a small farm in San Juan Capistrano and became popular as a place where George would "rebuild" cone crushers and put together small systems for the locals, many of which were dear friends.
The next 50 years saw the company flourish, flounder, flourish again... and in the middle of all that, relocated to Perris, CA in 1990 with a new 13-acre facility with engineering, fabrication, machining, and parts distribution. The fabrication and
machine shops closed in 2015 and the available space rented to others. Today the company has a flourishing parts business and has joined forces with Minyu (also founded in 1966) and is back to supplying machinery to old friends who still live here, old
locals now living in Texas, and new friends from anywhere on a tight budget.